Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Fabric Selections: NOT easy!

I'm still a beginner pretty much for quilting, and I'm still learning the tricks of fabric going together and doesn't go together. I'm not saying that I don't know to not mix "pink and orange" together something. But I'm just saying the whole not having enough print and too much solid colors, or having too much print and not enough solid colors and etc. I've been at it for a couple of days now trying to find the perfect selection of fabrics to make a baby quilt and I tell ya, it's not easy.
I know your probably thinking, "get a fat quarter bundle" or "charm pack" which will select the fabrics you need. I would, but most charm packs and fat quarter bundles either have too much pink or isn't the exact pattern I'm looking for. My friend is having a baby girl, and I know most girls love pink but I was hoping to steer clear of pink or try to and stick with some blues, browns, purples and if I see something with pink but has hints of pink I'm good.

All I have to say is, picking fabric for projects like quilts is not an easy task! Not for me anyways... lol

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading and responding to comments. I will try to respond to everyone.

If you have a question you can email me at cj.latour228[at]gmail.com and I will respond in a timely manner.

Thank you!